Okay. So I've been saying for a while now that I really want to start blogging. I've read numerous blogs, follow some regularly (can term a bi-monthly check in as "regular"?). I thought it would be a good way to somehow capture day-to-day -- or maybe week-to-week -- life at the Beer house. I have been blessed with a fantastic husband and these two precious little boys. I frequently look back at the last twenty-something years, and I wonder where the time has gone. I look ahead at what's to come. All the firsts -- first days of school, first lost teeth, first broken bones (hopefully not?); all of the evenings around the house, afternoons playing in the yard, walks, trips, wrestling (I do have two boys...), pee wee football and little league games...you get the point (and I'm going to stop there for sake of tears). What I come to realize is that the time goes TOO fast.
A wise man (or maybe more appropriately, a wise guy?), once told me not to wish my life away. He frequently uses stories or analogies -- shall we call them Alanisms? (that's my dad for those who don't know...) -- to get his point across. Maybe you know about the boy with the golden string (forgive me for this pathetic attempt to recall the full story -- told to a teenage version of myself as I contained an eye-roll...). Each time the boy pulled the string, time would pass and he would reach the event he was looking forward to (similar to the movie "Click," really). If I've learned anything during the time I've been a mom, it's NOT to wish the time away. Each day is a gift and each moment holds its own challenges and rewards. I can't wait to hear what Kemper's voice will sound like, and see what a good-looking guy he will be (a mom is biased, I know :) ). I can't wait to see Brecken grow into a man of integrity, just like his Daddy. But for now, I will continue to pray God grants me the wisdom of how to be a mommy of love and grace. And that He'll shape these boys hearts into the men He designed them to be.
So here we begin. And for the record, I promise future posts will not be this long. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment