So tonight boys are in jams, getting ready for bed. Kemper had some sweet potatoes, then polished off a 8 oz bottle. He sits up and gets "the look." Yes, the look that says, "Whew, I gotta poo!"
I literally said aloud, "Oh no Kemper, NOT now!" And without skipping a beat, run him back to the bathroom, strip down the jams and pull off the diaper, and sit him on the potty.
NOTE: I'm fortunate to have a "little potty" built into the big potty, so his little bottom fit perfectly on the small opening.
I've heard of the "Catch and Miss" potty technique with infants. Moms seriously let their crawler roam about the house undiapered. When they get the poo or potty into the potty chair, it's called a catch. When they do not, it's called a miss.
Well, there he sat, smile on face, and proceeds to POO in the POTTY! Was it a fluke? Absolutely. Am I still rather pleased with my son? (And frankly, with myself?) You betcha.
There will be PLENTY of misses, but for tonight, it was a catch!
(And for the record, he will continue wearing a diaper. :) )


No comments:
Post a Comment