Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hi Buddy-buddy!

It makes a mom's heart happy when her boys do or say something nice. For just a moment, it makes her think "Maybe I'm doing SOMETHING right?!" Brecken has been part of the Kemper fan club since day one. Granted, Kemper hasn't started playing with his toys, taking his snacks, and all the other things annoying siblings do (not that I ever had an annoying sibling...).

I've recently noticed that Brecken has taken to calling Kemper "Buddy-buddy." Whenever Kemper wakes in the morning or from nap, I'll carry him into the living room and Brecken greets him with a smile and a "Hi Buddy-buddy!" in that sing-song-y tone that an adult would use.

There will be plenty of wrestling and fighting in the years to come. But seeing Brecken hug his little brother and give him kisses just about melts my heart every time. I'm so excited for these two to grow up together and be best buds.

There's no buddy like a brother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment